Wednesday, 30 November 2011

another HO shed...

This is the last of the HO sheds I bought a while back. By Peco it's called Coal Merchants Office. Makes a decent little colonist building.

The windows are hollow and you cut the blister packaging to size to make the glass. I scuffed the blister up and rubbed in some brown paint to dirty the glass up. This also made it opaque so you can't see the plain interior. Some bits of debris added to the roof to make it look more scruffy. Scales pretty well with 15mm sci-fi figs.

To add some interest there's a  HO chocalate bar dispenser stuck to the side painted rusted up. Got a few of these in a pack. Might glue some back to back to make a little free standing doodad. Could put a little plasticard "screen" on both sides to make a public "vid phone".

Sunday, 27 November 2011

Alien Spotting: Part 1

For a recent painting session I dug out of the lead pile a whole load of alien type figures and prep'd them for painting. Here's the first batch completed.

Left to Right: Fragalian, Converted Creegan Spore, Converted GZG crewman, Horansi, Vergan, Triorb, and Sponk.

More galactic oddness to come soon!

Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Painted Watcher 'bots

Painted up my resin 'bots at the weekend. They were drybrushed from a light grey up to an off-white then the details were picked out in grey and black with blue "caps" added. Will be painting up some more bots in these colours to form a larger squad and will try some different colour schemes once I've gotten some more cast up. 

Saturday, 12 November 2011

Monday, 7 November 2011


Had a little painting session yesterday and managed to finish these 5 old Laserburn robots. Really simple colour scheme made up of vallejo elfic flesh, gory red and black. Used a little bit of steel grey on the small bots laser and arm to finish them off.

The two humaniod types were converted a while back. One given a tube for a right arm the other a bit of scrap lead for a rough blade. The there prongs on the left arm were made by snapping the existing lower arm off and gluing it back on the other way around. Some other bits of scrap metal were added to this arm to make the join stronger.

The little robots turned out pretty nice.  I avoided trying to pick out the little circles around the mid-section painting this area a flat colour which looks ok. I've started painting my floating bots in the same colour scheme so could be the start of a little robot force.

Friday, 4 November 2011

Watcher bots...

Been working on these floating robots recently and got some cast up in resin. I wanted to make them kind of sinister with lots of "eyes" around the body something like a robot Beholder from D&D.  Could use them as security bots or even something along the lines of a force like the Daleks. Hoping to get these painted up sometime over the weekend to see how the look with a lick of paint.